Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Legal Driving

got my driving license last thursday morning, and i passed with 12 demerit points driving a manual car. very proud of myself, as i suddenly had a damn strong fear that i would fail and the 12 points accumulated are due to minor mistakes such as insufficient acceleration, and checking wrong mirror? prolly a 4 points for abrupt changing of lanes, i blame the red car for dashing out so suddenly.

anyways, i will deifnitely miss my driving instructors in bbdc, especially mr tan, mr chua, mr bay. they were my most frequent driving instructors, and they are exceptionally nice to me. mr tan was so nice to pay for my PDL when i didn't have enough cash or nets, mr chua offered to buy me some kind of can food for me to bring to melbourne, sends me home after every lesson, and wants to me my personal taxi driver when he starts to drive his own taxi, and last but not least, mr bay bought me his favourite won tan noodles for lunch, asked me to add him on facebook, and sends me home. so nice right? besides that, they make me look forward to driving lessons everyday due to the very entertaining conversations we have. yeah, so much so that i always fail to check blind spots! thank god the tester was very quiet, so i remembered to check all blind spots. :)
went out for lunch with mummy to meet rachel and her mum. we went to wild honey at mandarin gallery, it's a small restaurant opened by people from melbourne. i love that place, very cosy and homely. the food was really good, especially the bread, awesome awesome stuff. no kidding, probably one of the best bread i've ever eaten. i had eggs benedict (last picture), decided to try it since i saw the contestants in masterchef having problems making hollandaise sauce. i don't know what makes a perfect hollandaise sauce but i was happy with mine. the bacon was really soft, juicy and sweet too. wanted to try their tarts and scones, but was too full due to their huge portions.

thereafter, we spent our time walking around mandarin gallery. first time walking IN the building and not just outside. quite a number of interesting japanese shops, and good restaurants. must definitely try the la mian restaurant on the 4th level when i'm back. rachel's mum couldn't stop raving about how good it is! went to paragon and got macarons from canele before sending rachel home while her mum went back to work.
i swapped seats with my mum at rachel's house. we were right at the doorstep to the lift, but rachel just didn't want to get off the car. reason being, she wanted to experience my driving!!! so funny, so i drove 50 meters from the lift to the security post to make her satisfied. that was my second time driving my mum's car, the first was a really short distance outside my house when i didn't had a license then. auto car is really much much more easier to drive, you don't have to worry about changing gears and clutch! i felt that i did pretty well, given that i'm driving an auto MPV, so different from the cars i practice on. i drove from orchard back to home, first time on the highway and it was real long...

went back home, picked my brother up and we drove to railway mall for a haircut. okay, it's my second time at the brilliant cut, i usually visit mazu at cathay. but i needed a haircut badly, and couldn't find the time to head to orchard again. my hair is now straight (no U/V), so from the back view, 4 inches are gone. i'm happy with it, but it costed me a bomb. my purpose for cutting in singapore and not in melbourne was to save money, but my plan was backfired.

for dinner, i met up with bram at holland village. we've been wanting to meet up since last year?! but both of us just seem to be very busy. anyways, last thursday was finally good and i had a lot of fun eating and chating with him. i'm really glad that i did not lose such a friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment