Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cheers to 2011

spent my first day of 2011 with jonathan, joshua and rachel at hatched for brunch. a small eatery selling different ways of cooked eggs, from poached to scrambled. i had eggs benedict, and honestly, it wasn't that good. i guess its because i've tried much better ones, i.e. wild honey.

i had such a great countdown. i couldn't ask for anything better, other than having tickets to the 57th level for fireworks viewing. can you believe that MBS hotel guests are not allowed at the sky park after 10.30pm as it is closed for a private event?! oh well, i had a great view of the fireworks anyways. the 2 night stay at MBS was awesome, what a great way to end off 2010. really enjoyed slacking in the big ass room watching cable and chilling at the sky deck at night. the view from the top is just amazing, one of the best look out points in the world i reckon. will definitely blog about this short getaway soon, pictures!!

though i didn't fulfill most of the plans i had on the 1st of january 2010, last year was a good one. it is probably one of the best years i've had in my 19 years on earth. reason being, i was happy.

despite seeing my family for 1/3 of the year, my relationship with them has just been closer. i really like how my parents trust me, and give me so much freedom to do anything i want. my aussie girlfriends did not only make me love melbourne more, but made me love my life more as i know i'll have these girls with me forever. jon was always there for me anytime and anywhere despite my countless scoldings or complaints. i really doubt i can find another friend like him. school would have been tougher if i didn't have mingde and kimmy. i really appreciate the amount of patience they have with me, and the help i've received from them. last but not least, my secondary school loves that i will never forget. though we hardly meet, but it just feels like the good old days when we do. they never fail to put a smile on my face.

the one and only thing i lacked in 2010 was love. you all know what kind of love it is. the aftermath from the break up wasn't easy. but i'm over it, and all ready to move on. i guess that was one of the reasons why i had so much fun this year, the freedom. of course, that doesn't mean i don't want to get into a relationship. if it feels right, why not?

whatever 2011 has got for me, i just want to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment