Friday, September 24, 2010

51

on wednesday, i attend the singapore society's mid autumn festival event held in the university with kenneth. we totally didn't know what we were getting ourselves into, but it was really not too bad after all. everyone was divided into groups of 6-8 and we had to complete 4 game stations and collect post-it stars stuck around the sidney myer area. the event was held at night, so we all had to each carry a lantern while walking in the dark. really reminded me of my childhood days where aaron's family will come over to my house and we'll just light up tons and tons of lanterns and hang them up in my garden. i'll definitely make it a point to celebrate mid autumn festival if i'm back in singapore.
we were given 3 rounds of mooncakes. there were the usual white lotus ones, and of course not forgetting the york. the snowskin mooncakes were really special and unique. pink was blueberry cheesecake (my favourite), yellow was durian, green was yam, and beige was tiramisu. never really tried such flavours in singapore before, since i've never really been a fan of mooncakes.

oh, and i was really lucky. i won the grand prize for lucky draw- won mooncakes and plenty of tea to share with my friends. though the prize wasn't really grand, but whatever man, it's my first time winning a lucky draw. okay, sounds quite pathetic but well, i won. :)

thereafter, headed off for super with kenneth lee at nortuno on lygon. i had my nutella crepes while he had his schnitzel chicken with pepper. it's my first time eating there, and the food was really tasty. really amazing how our conversations didn't stop. we talked until 12.30am where i had to put a stop to it since i was so tired and needed sleep.

i cannot wait for tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment